Sunday, July 09, 2006

Is It Reading?

Is it reading... listening to an audio book on my iPod that is. Can I say "I am in the middle of reading Terry Pratchetts book The Truth" when actually I am listening to it. I have decided that yes I can. No need for excuses... saying "read" is so much easier, so much cleaner than saying "listening to the unabridged audio book on my iPod".

No, I haven't given up printed book by any means, this technique allows me to "read" books at times when I am doing solitary, monotonous pursuits like working in the wood shop or doing the dishes or cooking dinner. Never fear I will keep time open for pondering great thoughts with only the music of the spheres, but when I get the life lessons, world events and daily schedule sorted out it is really nice to get lost in a good book while earning the daily bread!

So suffice to say that between audio books and having my whole music collection at my fingertips I am really happy with my new iPod!!

1 comment:

Rose said...

Glad to hear that you've got an iPod and are enjoying it. I'd love to get into books on tape/cd/mp3, but don't find that I end up with a lot of time where I'd listen to it. The one time that it might be cool would be on the way to work, but I'm very opposed to people riding bikes with headphones.

Perhaps you can keep us up to date on some of the things you're listening to via your blog. I'd love to hear reviews. :)